Does radiosure support m3u8 ?

All questions about using RadioSure.
zhouying82

Does radiosure support m3u8 ?

Post by zhouying82 » 28 Apr 2019, 09:24

I reviewed all the forum,saw many people said the radiosure support the m3u8's radio station.But I tried much times and it doesn't work ? who can tell me why ? or .I use the old version of the radiosure ?

Fonzy

Re: Does radiosure support m3u8 ?

Post by Fonzy » 28 Apr 2019, 16:46

You MUST use the last version , 2.2.1046
That is the ONLY version supporting HLS ,alias m3u8 sreams.
Attention: from this version on, there is a bug in recordings. You should not leave the bitrate on automatic, but choose a fixed value, e.g. 128kb.
There are still "not working features ", like pictures belonging to songs, and recording such with the mp3 files , as is announced on the page for download. Also the old version is still offered ( 1036 )for download, which does not support m3u8.

zhouying82

Post by zhouying82 » 26 May 2019, 16:33

2.2.1046 I installed,but doesn't play with the m3u8..

Fonzy

Post by Fonzy » 26 May 2019, 19:47

Ver 2.2.1046 support the HLS , or known as m3u8 extension. You can be sure it works, but it does not work only because the extension is m3u8 or pls or any other extension.. Ther can be many reasons for the stations that not play, altough good extension (area restrictions, some stations only accept browsers te connect, etc)
If you test more stations with m3u8 broadcast, you will find they work if they are in the radiosure database; ( Not 100% guaranty, for some approvers do not test every submission, ) If you find no working stations (as you claim " the vietnamese stations did not work until now ", while all stations I test with vietnames as languauge do work fine !!) So I repeat, if you find some not working, do report them or better , find a right stream for them and edit the stations sheet in the stations site

mb21uk

Post by mb21uk » 06 Aug 2020, 00:45

I cannot get the latest version to play any of the BBC's HLS Streams :-(

Fonzy

Post by Fonzy » 06 Aug 2020, 02:44

on stations site:downloads- download version 2.2
choose
Local mirror (slow): RadioSure-2.2.1046-setup [6.4 MB]
That is the ONLY version supporting HLS
Note: upon install that version you get an old and limited rsd file (stations list), so do downmload the latest stations list from radiosure.com/stations ( below is where to click for download stations2. zip file, which you have to unzip in RS/stations folder, and remove the oldest dated file also before unzipping )
Do set bitrate to 128 in options for recording, otherwise you record empty files ! = BUG since HLS included

Lapsang
Location: South East of the Netherlands, in between Belgium and Germany

Post by Lapsang » 06 Aug 2020, 11:20

Hello Fonzy,

In the Stations folder there is always one zipped folder, one .rsd and one .rsdx file.

So why do you have to unzip the downloaded folder?

The existing one is zipped.

Fonzy

Post by Fonzy » 06 Aug 2020, 12:16

Normally, the zipped one should be deleted by RS if updated by RS, but if you do it manually then you must cleanup by yourself. Only more rsd files can cause problems, cause the first found in the folder will be used, and that can be the outdated. All other files there in this folder do not mather the good working of RS.
I created an semi-automatic system in the folder "/stations", where I get first a new stations.zip, delete the old rsd and then unpack the zip, and delete it after that (batch file with commands to do it all- but to be sure things work in the right order, the batch contains a few pauses. I use this over 3 years now. Msaccess is also involved to keep the stations from the rsd, but I added the stationwebsite by myself, and export a list for my (still working) inlight-radio player, which offers me direct websit retrieves if station plays, and if station uses own stream-server.
:-)

Lapsang
Location: South East of the Netherlands, in between Belgium and Germany

Post by Lapsang » 06 Aug 2020, 13:21

Hello Fonzy,

What I mean is this:

Now I see one zipped folder and two files.

Zipped folder has date 31.07.2020.

After I update manually, should things not look the same as now, only with newer date?

When I unzip the downloaded folder, the situation in the Stations folder looks different from now.

Fonzy

Post by Fonzy » 06 Aug 2020, 23:38

Updating manually can be tricky !!
normally you find a rsdx file and a rsd file with date in the name, and if you let RS auto-update , that stays this way (indeed, only the rsd file is provided with new date in the name)

if you do so manually,you can:- transfert the downloaded zip file to stations folder; in that case be sure to confirm "overwrite" (is YES), else your old zip file stays there, and upon unzip that old (with same name !!) you get an old rsd file, In that case you have to delete or remove the zip file from stations, to avoid problems, OR you can just download the zip file, and unpack with option to ... and search your Radiosure\stations folder, and unpack there. Of course, in that case , the old rsd file keeps existing there, and you have to remove it in order to avoid problems with using the old file ( I do believe to have experienced in the past, that RS kept using the old file, because it was earlier in the map-list, so RS does not sort rsd files or looks for the newest
As I stated, with a little batch file you can semi-automate those downloads and unzips, and remove old things, so your stationsfolder keeps clean

The rsdx file is only for internal use by Radio Sure, and can be deleted, is not needed at all, unless auto updates by the program, which I found to be only after 2 or 3 days , or even not at all for PRO users