Stations database corrupted after update

All questions about using RadioSure.
Yorksman

Stations database corrupted after update

Post by Yorksman » 19 Aug 2020, 17:47

I had over 30,000 stations on my list shown in the skin but after an update, only 6 are visible. The rsd file for 2020-08-18 has over 30,000 lines, but, as stated, only 6 show. I tried downloading a new stations list, but the same thing happens. I like to browse the list in my skin and would like to restore it. Any ideas?

Fonzy

Re: Stations database corrupted after update

Post by Fonzy » 19 Aug 2020, 20:29

What you describe is a clear case of selected "show only my stations" in the header of the files-window of the player
If you delete all your self created stations ( maybe you even do not remember creating stations yourself ?, cause if you remembered, a bell would ring that it are just those stations you only see !), then you see none at all in this case
So just uncheck " show only my stations", and you see all stations including your "my stations" -- you cannot see "only the rsd " stations ! always the mix of stations

............ panic solved ??? ..

Lapsang
Location: South East of the Netherlands, in between Belgium and Germany

Post by Lapsang » 20 Aug 2020, 21:50

This option ”Show only my stations” is completely new to me!

Yorksman

Post by Yorksman » 21 Aug 2020, 15:11

I don't have a files window in my player, haven't added any of my own stations and don't recognise the ones being shown.

The player was working perfectly, there was an update and then the list disappeared except for the 6 shown. There was no intervention from me. It looks as if the .rsd file is corrupted. It's just a tab delimited text file but, if the sequence is out, much of the database becomes unreadable.

Yorksman

Post by Yorksman » 21 Aug 2020, 15:12

Lapsang wrote:
20 Aug 2020, 21:50
This option ”Show only my stations” is completely new to me!
I can't find any reference to it either.

Yorksman

Post by Yorksman » 21 Aug 2020, 15:18

The stations list has magically reappeared, again no intervention. I wonder if there was a new update which corrected the database problem. Anyway, it's good to have the full list back.

Fonzy

Post by Fonzy » 21 Aug 2020, 15:24

You are talking nonsense ! Every skin has a stationns (files list) window, unless you minimise, but then you see no stations at all...
Where do you see your six stations ? -just rightcklick (or just click),on the titlebar of it, and there remove the v at beginning of the text showed
Also be sure no filter is active, cause if you type there (search cell) anything, only stations with corresponding text are shown.
Do download g he latest rsd file if you think yours is corrupted ( open only in msexcell the rsd file, and close/save it in xls format, then rename back to rsd

Lapsang
Location: South East of the Netherlands, in between Belgium and Germany

Post by Lapsang » 21 Aug 2020, 15:53

Yorksman wrote:
21 Aug 2020, 15:12

I can't find any reference to it either.
But I found it: right click where you see Title.

By the way: nobody talks nonsense here. (In my opinion).

Fonzy

Post by Fonzy » 21 Aug 2020, 17:32

Glad everything is ok now.
With nonsense I did mean , that you told there is no list window...
I do believe you must learn still about radio. Unfortunate, there is not a description tool included in the player, so you must test all features yourself, like clicking on body twice= go minimised etc, also the only mystations showing..., those things are not all in options menues. Differences between pro and free, you can find in radiosure\stations download section, but only the feature, not a manual how to use radiosure.
Sorry for that. It is to admin or software development of tbe bestware co. to handle such.
Again, do not edit the rsd file with a text editor, since the updated file then may not function.. use (first add extension xls to the rsd) msexcell or equivalent of the free offices.
It is easier to download a new rsd file, than it is to edit a rsd file !