Duplicate Slay Radio Sweden : Keep away from ID 43

Here we can discuss radio stations which we are listening to.
Fonzy

Duplicate Slay Radio Sweden : Keep away from ID 43

Post by Fonzy » 06 Nov 2020, 01:30

until now, and for several years WEFUNK was the first record in rsd file. Due to a bug /wrong programming in radiosure, the first line is regarded and handled as labels line, so that station does not show in the radioplayer. Therefore WEFUNK had a duplicate station created by me, with clear text, why that was created, and warning for not to edit the first instance of Wefunk (ID was 7 and the lowest ID)
Now it has happened. Wefunk was updated, but the original... not the copy of it: result = by editing the record, its ID changes, and cannot be undone, even rejecting the change means : original station and ID is gone
now I searched the lowest ID from now, and that is ID=43 = Slay Radio from Sweden
That (working) station will not be seen anymore on radio itself, so Mirz created a copy for me ( so I could approve it after)of ID 43 , so that Slay Radio is back in the rsd-file to be seen in the radioplayer.
SO !!!, do not touch Slay Radio with ID = 43, else we can redo the whole circus ! Only change/edit the duplicate
Do anything with a station, and it gets an new ID, and is placed on the physical end of the records... That is how databases work, and the rsd file is an extract from not all fields, but in the order of the ID number in the database on the website. that is why I cannot place a warning in the original record, and it can not with any first record, because it moves to the end of all records after any change.
Thanks, and hope all station editors read this sooner or later

Fonzy

Re: Duplicate Slay Radio Sweden : Keep away from ID 43

Post by Fonzy » 28 Nov 2020, 23:42

On 27 nov. 2020 ID 43 was edited by Q..., only website and description. Mirz did see and rejected the change.
Lucky the rejection did not affect the original, and today ID 43 still is the first record of the rsd file

I asked Mirz to copy the changes on ID 43 (rejected) to the duplicate of Slay Radio Sweden (that is the one be seen on the radio !), and today I did approve that
So it is a matter of not approving changes on the ID 43
and I hope other approvers do read this
Note:The real ID cannot be seen in the rsd file, but the order of the stations in the rsd file reflects the order in the real database, so it can be searched for in the database on the site.

eMzw7gJ2NjEdmoNkiR9B

Post by eMzw7gJ2NjEdmoNkiR9B » 30 Nov 2020, 18:21

Sorry, Fonzy.

Thanks to you and Mirz!

eMzw7gJ2NjEdmoNkiR9B

Post by eMzw7gJ2NjEdmoNkiR9B » 23 Apr 2021, 15:08

Someone has edited Slay Radio and the edits were approved. It wasn't me this time.

I have learned that whenever I open a RDS spreadsheet from RS, the first thing I do is delete the first row so that there is no change I will edit it. I recommend that as a best practice for anyone working from the RS files.

The current first row is:

ID
Title
CRY 104 fm

If one of you have technical access, can you insert a row that says "DO NOT EDIT" in each of the fields? That may help as new people become editors and this can happen again.

Thanks!

Fonzy

Post by Fonzy » 23 Apr 2021, 17:26

About inserting warning..

If anything changes in the sheet, it has to be approved, and automatically the old sheet is deleted, and the change gets A NEW ID, so it is not the first record anymore. Every change/new ID gets the highest Id-number, and is on the tail of the whole database, so there is not a solution by putting text in the record. The proper solution is: admin or programmer changes radiosure player, in that way that first line are not labels, but real data. Even the former admins, on whom I told this, did not change it, in fact, besides the hls stream implement, there where not changes, or fixes for things not working.

eMzw7gJ2NjEdmoNkiR9B

Post by eMzw7gJ2NjEdmoNkiR9B » 23 Apr 2021, 18:02

I just checked and "CRY 104 fm " is no longer visible in RS.

Fonzy

Post by Fonzy » 23 Apr 2021, 22:46

OK , is normal you do not see it in radiosure itself, because it fills the line of the labels. If you open the rsd file with msexcelll, then you see the station as first line
I did create the station new ( duplicate !) and putted warning in it, hope it will be read by the industrious boys / girls that search for duplicates

Fonzy

Post by Fonzy » 24 Apr 2021, 10:49

The duplicate has just been created, and already a,smart gui (C63_AMG.) tried to delete the original on id 862. !!!
Lucky it was me who found the pending cry station...