Geoblock and proxies for testing RS streams

Please post your suggestions here
eMzw7gJ2NjEdmoNkiR9B

Geoblock and proxies for testing RS streams

Post by eMzw7gJ2NjEdmoNkiR9B » 02 May 2021, 18:51

As many of you know, some stations block streams to IP addresses that are not in approved ranges - they block users based on the user's geographic location (as determined mainly by the user's IP address.

RadioSure client allows you to configure it with a proxy server. I actually have two instances of RadioSure installed per Fonzy's suggestion. One with no proxy that I normally use, and another where I change proxies for testing streams and occasionally listening to a stream that blocks my IP address.

It has been easy to find free proxy servers that work with Radio Sure. It is less so today. I found an alternative for testing RS streams and for listening to a station in RS that will not play in your location. It is a web proxy. The web proxies will allow you to enter a steam URL for a station and then provide you with a new URL that will play in your browser. Unfortunately the new URL will not play in Radio Sure. I don't know why or how to fix that, but these web browser are good for people that wish to text a RS stream.

As always, when finding a Geoblock, please add the word Geoblock to the title of the station in RS so that the station is not deleted for not streaming when someone outside the approved area tests it and finds it not streaming.

Use this list to find free web proxies:
https://www.lifewire.com/free-anonymous ... ers-818058
Two on the list that I use:
https://www.hidemyass.com/en-us/proxy
https://hidester.com/proxy/

Fonzy

Re: Geoblock and proxies for testing RS streams

Post by Fonzy » 02 May 2021, 20:37

Note about proxies:
even if used a proxy from the station's country, it can be you cannot play,because the station detects your real country, despite your proxy. Therefore you must search for "Anonymous" and "High-anonymous" proxies for testing, and even the anonymous are not always anonymous !
So it can cost several attempts to find a suited high-anonymous proxy, and the do not stay for long times...

eMzw7gJ2NjEdmoNkiR9B

Re: Geoblock and proxies for testing RS streams

Post by eMzw7gJ2NjEdmoNkiR9B » 05 May 2021, 17:21

Yes. There are fewer free proxies than just a year or so ago. Even sites that used to list them now like to charge.

The most reliable is to purchase a VPN service.

Be careful when using either a VPN or a proxy. Be especially careful when using an anonymous free proxy. When you use them, they see your web traffic. Not all of them have honest people running them. Especially do not use them when logging into a bank of financial institution. If you are using one with the RS application in the RS settings, you will be ok, but using one by changing browser, PC or router settings is asking for trouble - you may not remember to remove the proxy and later use the computer for banking.

The free web proxies, mentioned in my original article, are safe because they do not change your browser proxy setting, your PC proxy settings, or your router proxy settings - the proxy is accessed only from that web site.