Radio? Sure!

The Best Internet Radio Player Ever! ;)

Interactive Recording Timer?

Please post your suggestions here

Interactive Recording Timer?

Postby Guglielmo Marconi » 14 Feb 2010, 10:12

I know you can set the length of recording from the command line, but sometimes I have simply clicked on the RECORD button, and then realize I'm not going to be around to stop the recording when I'd like to (for example, at the end of a program). It would be nice to be able to tell RS to stop recording in __ number of minutes by choosing a menu option. This would also help limit the recorded file size.

MediaMonkey (an audio player) has such a feature for playback mode. Here's a screenshot of their 'Sleep' feature:

Maybe you could implement something similar for RS? The fade features wouldn't really be necessary for timed recordings (the Shut down computer option would be useful though!).

It would also be nice to have this for Playback, but Recording is more important (if I want a timed playback, I can always create a command line timed playback, and then stop the original. But if I do that for a recording I've already started, I'll either have a break in the recording, or have to edit/merge two files later on).

What do you think? :?:

Guglielmo Marconi

Re: Interactive Recording Timer?

Postby admin » 14 Feb 2010, 18:29

Very good idea! Thanks.

I will think how to add it.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Interactive Recording Timer? (additional feature)

Postby Guglielmo Marconi » 14 Feb 2010, 23:05

A related suggestion:

I know you're not too fond of adding an interactive file name option, but I just thought that this would be the perfect place to add it.

Have an option on the Timer Record screen that says something like:

When the recording ends, name this file: ___________________

It could show the current file name in the window (for example "Untitled (3).mp3"), and allow the user to change this name if they want. This seems a natural location for this option, and in fact could be used for an immediate rename by typing in a filename and choosing a recording time of 0 (which would cause an immediate stop to the recording when the button to close the dialog window is pressed).

I promise I wasn't thinking of this when I started the thread! :D

Guglielmo Marconi

Postby admin » 14 Feb 2010, 23:46

:)
admin
Site Admin

Postby Phred » 02 Sep 2016, 19:26

Greetings again Radiosurers,

It's been about 36 years since we've had RadioSure and we've never had any progress on the implementation of a filename option for recording. ;)
I don't suppose that admin would consider adding it in mid-2016...?

We used to have EventGhost way back in the pre-app universe, but it was extremely difficult to get, install and make reliable - that program had a complete set of recording options. When it worked, it was delightful.

Any chance of a configurable, flexible, parameter-driven, recording filename?
Phred

Postby Boosman » 20 Sep 2016, 11:32

It is perfect solution for program for sleep time and add for change station and change volume.
Evample ewery: 60 or 120 min change station to station with news and after 5 or 10 min back to previous and change volume.
Boosman

Return to Suggestions how to improve RadioSure