Suggestions for portable verson

Please post your suggestions here
davbyrnes

Suggestions for portable verson

Post by davbyrnes » 01 May 2010, 04:19

I posted in another forum about not being able to save favorites in the portable version. As well, the program doesn't save the skins changes. However, obviously the standard version does this. This tells me that the standard version writes something to the hard drive (probably in Application Data or the registry, but I haven't looked yet). Would it be possible to modify the portable version so that these changes are saved in the program directory, maybe in a text file like the stations list, like the .ini files used by some older Windows apps?

username

Re: Suggestions for portable verson

Post by username » 01 May 2010, 04:47

Settings and favorites are written to the file named RadioSure.xml in the same directory as the executable. Is it possible the host media has been made read only, or the user does not have write permissions for that media?

davbyrnes

Post by davbyrnes » 01 May 2010, 05:11

There are no .xml files in the directory, nor were there when I installed the program. In fact, there is no radiosure.xml in the portable installation package. I just downloaded it. I also downloaded the standard installation package, and don't see anything like that in it either. The drive is not read only, and I'm logged in as administrator. I don't know where else to look.

username

Post by username » 01 May 2010, 06:01

True there is no .XML file included in the distribution. Upon first execution of RadioSure.exe the executable will write the file 'RadioSure.xml' with basic configuration settings to that same directory. [v2.0.886.0; USB 2.0 Flash Drive Device; NT 5.1]

davbyrnes

Post by davbyrnes » 01 May 2010, 06:18

Well, I don't see the RadioSure.xml. However, I was wrong about one thing. I thought that the directory was writable, but it WAS read only. Changed that, and everything works. But there's still no xml.

davbyrnes

Post by davbyrnes » 02 May 2010, 05:09

Spoke too soon. Everything seemed to work as long as the flash drive was plugged in. But, today, back to the same problem. I can change the skin, add faves, and it seems okay. Move to another computer and it goes back to the base program, no faves, no skin.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 02 May 2010, 10:01

Please post here the screenshot with content of RadioSure application folder.

davbyrnes

Post by davbyrnes » 03 May 2010, 00:54

RadioSure.jpg
As you can see there is no RadioSure.xml. Now, something I didn't realize is that when I insert my flash drive, it ALWAYS makes ALL directories "Read Only". So if the RadioSure.xml wasn't created on first run, then I should only have to remove the read only attribute and make the directory writable, then rerun RadioSure.exe and it would create the file, right? But it doesn't.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 03 May 2010, 01:14

Please delete "Uninstall.exe" file. Portable version shouldn't have it.