Unstable internet connection

Please discuss here all the defects you've found in the RadioSure.
fillip

Unstable internet connection

Post by fillip » 04 Feb 2019, 13:24

Hi!
I have troubles with sound interruptions when bufferring 0%. Please add buffer size properity for using big buffers. I can allocate 512Mb maximum, but program can not!
Philipp

Fonzy

Re: Unstable internet connection

Post by Fonzy » 04 Feb 2019, 14:14

sorry Philipp, but the size of buffers is fixed in RS, and cannot be set by the user (not in my knowledge anyway, I read an topic from many years ago, where admin mentioned setting buffers in the xml file, but I checked that in current version, and did not find those settings)
inLight Radio (pro) had that option, and you can still install inLightRadio, but you can't go Pro, since creator/owner of the sytem and site quitted all actions 2 years ago)

Fonzy

Re: Unstable internet connection

Post by Fonzy » 04 Feb 2019, 19:24

To give you the answer of admin, for earlier version(?), you can try to add also in current radiosure.xml file , situated in main folder of radiosure (normally)
-----------------------------------
by admin » 14 Mar 2010, 14:58
If you are talking about regular buffer, then you can change it manually in RadioSure.xml file.

<BufferSize>3</BufferSize> - means number of seconds for the buffer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Admin speaks about buffersize in seconds, not in kilobytes or Megabytes
and YES, the line still exists in current radiosure , and value is 4 in my case ( with relative fast connection OK)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: to edit xml file , use Notebook++ (free download and free use-see google), because in a browser , you cannot edit and save the file, and in notepad , you have a long line, and item is difficult to search for, or use a specific xml editor