Installation on Server

Please discuss here all the defects you've found in the RadioSure.
Radiospair

Installation on Server

Post by Radiospair » 07 Jun 2016, 15:10

Hello,
I installed the software on my Windows Home server 2011. After starting the programm I using 3 station, but everytime I get the information "Cannot Initialize". Internet found o.K.

On a Windows 7 computer in the same network everything is working fine.

What can be the problem?

Wolfgang
Attachments
Unbenannt radio.jpg
Unbenannt radio.jpg (211.8 KiB) Viewed 9046 times

Fonzy

Re: Installation on Server

Post by Fonzy » 07 Jun 2016, 18:41

first try (uninstall) to install as portable, so all nescessairy files are in the same folder
2e: are you trying to play RS on client stations of the server ? (RS is not designed for that !)
On the server , as local application, the radio should work normal, unless some restrictions are set for internet access by the server (a firewall,or some "protection" software) check that first
If you want use the m3u8 protocol for broadcasts do use the newest version of radiosure (23.2.1046), and do download it directly , because this is the only way to get version 2.2.1046

vegasbetty

Post by vegasbetty » 20 May 2019, 20:34

Hi: I'm also having this problem. Have been running RS successfully for several months on Windows 10 desktop, and now I'm getting 'cannot initialize' every time I open the program. I uninstalled and reinstalled new version: same result. Uninstalled and reinstalled again as 'portable', as some suggested: same result. Tried to reinstall in a folder other than 'appdata/local' (as others suggested), and it won't install anywhere else at all. Checked firewall and antivirus programs for blocking, and there was none. Nothing else has changed on computer.

Fonzy

Post by Fonzy » 20 May 2019, 23:12

Do Install as portable, in a non protected map. This way the program can be changed ( needed for registering as pro), AND the stations can be updated, and the stations can be submitted to favorites. If you install on a usb device, DO NOT WRITE-PROTECT IT, for the same reason.
Be sure your firewall does not block radiosure programm, and be sure not to use a anti-virus that "detects" RS as a virus ( = false detection because RS changes itself to acts as pro- version) .
In the past antivir programs where reported who false-detected RS as virus, because suspicious handling on exe file, and so blocked the program.
A serious antivir leaves RS as trusted, and does not interfere with it (recommended= Avira free antivirus. Very high on my personal ranking)
My suggestion is first to test your radio without a virusscanner, and if that works, then try to put (in settings of antivir), the radiosure as trusted program.
Except for false-positives on virusscanners, and secondly for write protected maps by windows(10), we had no reports about unable to install and run the RadioSure successfully on any computer ( and NO, I do not belong to the company who created the radioplayer, nor have any part In the licenses for pro)