Radio? Sure!

The Best Internet Radio Player Ever! ;)

HELP! Unable to listen to German Radio-Station

Please discuss here all the defects you've found in the RadioSure.

HELP! Unable to listen to German Radio-Station

Postby vorticity » 16 Dec 2016, 02:37

HELP!
Since a few days I am unable to listen to Deutschlandfunk (DLF) which is one of the most serious radio stations in Germany.

I suspect they changed something (maybe ogg instead of mp3), mentioned on their homepage.

Nevertheless how can I make RadioSure to tune in Deutschlandfunk (DLF) ?
They have other channels Deutschlandradio Kultur and Wissen, both fine, no problems.

Please, help!

Otherwise most satisfied with RadioSure - thankful to its programmers!

Regards, Bernd.
vorticity

Re: HELP! Unable to listen to German Radio-Station

Postby marcoibk » 16 Dec 2016, 05:38

Hi Bernd
For me in Italy works fine.
The last update of the radio is from 2016-03-25 11:06:46 but only stream positions.
Please try again, if don't work please watch witch RS update you have, now 2.2.1046.0. If you have the latest version go in your RS folder and go in the folder "station" and give a look on the file named stations "date".rsd if is a old one go on the main page of RS and download the latest one.
Best regards,
Marco
marcoibk

Postby vorticity » 16 Dec 2016, 13:23

Hi Marco,

thanks, I'll check (in office now), but I downloaded 2.2.1046 and re-installed RS: no success...

' ... works fine in Italy ...' Do you mean RS in general or Deutschlandfunk ? RS in general works fine with me, but ...'

I'll be back, best regards, Bern.
vorticity

Postby Fonzy » 16 Dec 2016, 14:16

Just checked: Deutschlandfunk plays well (all 4 sources do)
So I advice to check your connection (if no other station connects)
Note: Upon installation of version 1046, there is an OLD rsd file installed (from time of release version 1046)
So you MUST update the stationslist first ( do so, by downloading from website ....\radiosure\stations below the list of active stations is the downloadlink, then unpack (unzip) in your stations folder and remove the oldest rsd file , otherwise the old file will be used as it first appear in the list of rsd files on your PC
Fonzy

Postby marcoibk » 16 Dec 2016, 20:54

Dear Bernd,
your post is about (DLF) so my "works fine in Italy" is about the specificated argumentation and not in general.
Best regards,
Marco
marcoibk

Postby vorticity » 17 Dec 2016, 01:11

Dear Fonzy, Marco, All

thanks for your response - unfortunately my result remains unchanged: Deutschlandfunk does not work with me, all other stations work well (i.e. this does not support any soundcard problem)
I have already re-installed, a friend of mine sent me his installation - works with him, not with me. I'a close to desperation.

How can I add a new station (apart from those installed, want to installl Deutschlandfunk as such and vary the settings ...)

I admit, this might seem strange to those who cannot reproduce this problem...

I continue to deal with the problem, maybe anyone's suggestion helps.

Sorry, thanks for help, Bernd.
vorticity

Postby vorticity » 17 Dec 2016, 01:27

GOT IT!

Following the advice to download latest station file - which I already did yesterday. But now again and:
Renaming stations-2016-12-15.rsd to stations.rsd

Thanks for your help: Good to know that all of you are behind.

Let me tell you my special interest:
There a a few stations with some very interesting contribution which I want to listen - and noticing later that I missed them. So what I do:

Recording these three stations with automatic splitting (perfect option!), renaming to DLF_20161216_2015 (example) and deleting most of it - except those which I was so much interested in.

Now I am back to normal operations -

THANKS. Have Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year. Bernd.
vorticity

Postby Fonzy » 17 Dec 2016, 02:07

Glad You succeeded,
Remeber, alsways ONLY keep ONE .rsd file in stations, no mather what you name it (stations.rsd will do) to avoid problems
My personal advice is also: Install Radiosure as Portable. Then you can install in folder at wish, and all files needed are together (meaning the Radiosure.xml file is in that folder, causing you to be able to install more instances in different folders , each with it's own parameters, e.g. a proxy for connections with US stations or UK stations if they are restricted broadcasts)
Fonzy

Postby vorticity » 18 Jan 2017, 12:36

Dear all,

after RadioSure worked fine, it again crashed with one station, Deutschlandfunk. As a last hope, I re-booted my router - and it worked normal.

I asked a colleage of mine quite competent in network and he had the following explanation which makes sense to me:

I have continuous recording of this station (in order to rename the mp3-files automatically so that I can recall later whatever I missed).

It could be that Deutschlandfunk logs my IP identifying excessive-long connection and refuses any further download. After rebooting the router, a new IP is assigned and everything worked fine.

Just for our all section: What did I learn from that ?

Thanks again for your help and Thanks, RadioSure - the best! Bernd
vorticity

Return to Have you found a defect in RadioSure?