Radio? Sure!

The Best Internet Radio Player Ever! ;)

frozen taskbar

Please discuss here all the defects you've found in the RadioSure.

frozen taskbar

Postby gvlada » 08 Jun 2017, 15:46

After starting and using, RadioSure freezes the taskbar. The same behavior is as installed and portable.

(Windows 10 Pro x64, RadioSure 2.2.1046)
gvlada

Re: frozen taskbar

Postby Fonzy » 08 Jun 2017, 20:51

Hello,
My guess is,you have installed a malware scanner or a virusscanner, that is marking the RadioSure programm as" suspicous", and therefore blocking the program and maybe also the environment.
Version1046,is released a long time now, and it is the first time problems of this kind are reported.
It is not because you have a "payed" antivirus, that it cannot produce "false positives"
You can do two things: either switch the antivir to off, and try again, or keep the antivir on, search in the detection section and enter "Radiosure.exe" as trusted program.
(More chance it is a malware scanner causing the blocking - also here, look at the exception possibilities to add radiosure.exe as trusted.)
If you got the install file of RadioSure from the site indicated on radiosure.com, then the possibility of getting a infected file is as good as nihil, so it must work, as it does at a lot of users, also on 64 bit versions of OS.
Fonzy

Postby klb » 10 Jul 2017, 11:27

I have a similar thing.
I can have RadioSure open no problem, but after i pres play and try to change the volume using keyboard hotkeys, Windows Explorer freezes completely.
After restarting Explorer, i can use hotkeys, but after i stop and play RadioSure again, i get the same story.

RadioSure-2.2.1046 (also tried the 2.2.1036 version from CNet)
Windows 10 1607 (14393.1358) x64
klb

Postby Fonzy » 10 Jul 2017, 15:56

Appearently a problem with the hotkeys...
Look for hotkeys used in windows, an re-define them , Or IF you are a pro-user for RS, redefine the conficting keys in the options section ---------------------
I did test in Radio Sure, and the hothkeys can be re-defined at will, only..... for that you do need a License (Pro version)...., the free can set hotkeys = on, but not defineable from the user
So if you are using free, look at options, see wich codes are for the volume up and down, go to windows settings and redefine those combinations in windows , so they do not conflict anymore :-)
(simplest = buy a license from RadioSure, and profit from the whole bunch of features, like recording complete songs , also from the middle in a song (on condition the station was tuned in from or before the beginning), redefine hotkeys etc
If you do not know exact what the hotkeys in windows do , just change the codes you need in RS, and try them... (about that I cannot help you since I do not use hotkeys ever , also not for windows.... (only exception = if I use screengrabber , pending in the background and therefore only accessible by hotkeys )
Fonzy

Postby klb » 11 Jul 2017, 09:30

Hi, Fonzy.
Thanks for your reply. No hotkeys were conflicting, but i've disabled them completely in RadioSure and it looks like the problem is gone. Could have thought about it myself :)
I'll have a look paid version since it's seems to working good for me now.
Thanks
klb

Return to Have you found a defect in RadioSure?