Volume regulation inaccurate

Please discuss here all the defects you've found in the RadioSure.
Archimede

Volume regulation inaccurate

Post by Archimede » 04 Feb 2021, 06:37

I have the last version of Radio Sure.
Windows 7 x64.
The volume regulation is very inaccurate: 0 vol audio is right, but from 0 vol audio to max the space is very small (2 or 3 hotkey click), much smaller than the the graphical MAX (20 hotkey clicks): why?
Thank you very much

Fonzy

Re: Volume regulation inaccurate

Post by Fonzy » 04 Feb 2021, 13:04

I just tried this: the range of shft-alt-+ is 25 clicks. If this is not so on your site, then it must be that the combination is used in win7 for other purposes: you can alter that combination for the radio (if you're PRO user= licensed)

Archimede

Post by Archimede » 04 Feb 2021, 13:10

:-)
The problem is different.
The Shift-Alt-+ hotkey works well; it works for the 25 clicks range, but the audio volume range is perceptible only for the firsts 3 or 4 clicks, after that the audio volume remain at the max value: why?
If I use the mouse to move the graphical cursor the result is the same...

Fonzy

Post by Fonzy » 04 Feb 2021, 15:24

Then you have to search the audio part of your pc..,
You have general settings for audio, maybe a special audio card installed, with different settings for various inputs... look at them. The problem is not the output of radiosure(see settings, what does RS use for audio on your pc?)

Archimede

Post by Archimede » 04 Feb 2021, 17:17

I looked ther, but I no found anything strange... I no found anything to set or to regulate...
I found ONLY the audio card volume to regulate (the mixer, Radio Sure voice), but if I set it I limit the final volume... :-(

Fonzy

Post by Fonzy » 04 Feb 2021, 21:36

If you set that volume to maximum, then indeed you get the maximum already on slider position 2 or 3.
Best is to set the main volume somewhere halfway, so that maximum volume of radiosure is hard but not too hard. Then you get a smooth tuning with the volume slider of the radio.
This is the only thing I can imagine, is happening on your site.
I use the radiosure as 32 bit on winXP, and as 32 bit also on win10 64 bit (Radiosure itself is a 32 nbit application, not a 64 bit app.), and see no differences in behaviour of the volume settings.
Sorry if I cannot help you further.

Archimede

Post by Archimede » 05 Feb 2021, 00:28

:-)
I see the main volume set 50% is better...
But I see other audio programs no have the same problem... :-(

Jazzfan

Post by Jazzfan » 11 Feb 2021, 20:01

If RadioSure is the only thing using audio when you are playing music (aside from system beeps and bells) might I suggest you set RS volume at 100%? And then use the PC's volume control? And then if you wish to have RS play softly in background while using Facetime or Zoom you uses the PCs volume mixer?

Archimede

Post by Archimede » 12 Feb 2021, 03:31

yes, but it is no simple like the Radio Sure volume regulation.

Jazzfan

Post by Jazzfan » 12 Feb 2021, 17:53

When I made a custom skin, I removed the volume slider graphic not needing it, but still discovered I could still change the volume because I can not change the RadioSure program.

Years ago I had a problem with a bad speaker and could not adjust bass, so I found an app to adjust the sounds and it worked great.

Having volume controls in Windows, RadioSure, Windows Media Player, Youtube, etc can make volume control troublesome. I have them on my keyboard as well, but they control the main Windows volume. Because of this I set the mixer first on Windows and set volume on everything else to 100%. Including the desktop speakers. It is the best I can do.

Not being able to help you further, I hope you can find a setting that will work for you.