How to modify an exisent skin

Please discuss here all the defects you've found in the RadioSure.
Fonzy

Re: How to modify an exisent skin

Post by Fonzy » 06 Feb 2021, 21:04

The bg1.png is a graphic image and contains not any of parameters at all. it is just an image without anything in it, a frame so to speak, and resizes upon the parameters in the skin.rsc file (the latter is an xml file defining parameters of variables as they are known in the executable radiosure.exe. You cannot define other parameters... Or Yes , you can, but they are just ignored, because they will never be called from within the program-file itself.
So you can change the image to have just an other look , colors etc with any graphic program (e.g. paint shop pro 5, even the oldest version, being freeware at the time)
Every element (parameter) has it's own picture, also the volumebar , but the picture is less important, since the parameter is changed and set in the xml file (the rsc file)...

The rsc file not only defines the position, but the whole setting of each parameter, such as colors
, sizes x and y, position versus main frame, whether it is transparent or flashing, the form of the corners , straight, rounded,...thicknes of lines, character sizes and types in frames or windows, ... In other words ALL features of an element is there defined, also which picture is used for the element
You have to study a while a certain skin to understand all those...

Jazzfan

Re: How to modify an exisent skin

Post by Jazzfan » 11 Feb 2021, 19:51

It is a confusing process. I knew how to do graphics, but I struggled with the .xml. I spent a long time trying to get my .png s to line up. The simplest way is to slowly modify the X and Y postions of the different .png files. You can also create a graph on most simple Paint programs. to help you visualize.