red recording button

Please discuss here all the defects you've found in the RadioSure.
the doo wop guy 1948

red recording button

Post by the doo wop guy 1948 » 01 Sep 2021, 09:18

hi ,, I have been using this app for several years. up until recently everything worked fine. every Sunday, I record a 3 hour show from NY. however over the past 2 months, when I press the record button, the red light begins to flash, it goes to completely on and off. I thought fine , we're rolling. I get 1hour 20minutes into the show during a break, I checked the recording and nothing. I shut down the app and restarted it, recorded about 15 minutes more checked it out, and again nothing. I closed the app about 5 maybe 6 times restarted the app press record and I noticed the red light was pulsing this time, it did not go on-off like before. it just kept pulsing. BUT here is a new twist the pulsing TURNED/CHANGED it self to the on-off mode again. went through all the, closing/restarting several times and it finely worked. my 3 hour show ended up at 1 hour maybe 15 minutes. I am using Windows 10, home edition. the computer is a high speed gaming setup that was given to me

Fonzy

Re: red recording button

Post by Fonzy » 01 Sep 2021, 22:21

To get more sight on your problem(?), could you tell:
- are you pro or free user ?
- the version of the program you have installed ? (very important, since a serious record-bug in last version , you cannot select "auto" bitrate, for no recording then... has to do with HLS decoding and auto-check bitrate)
- could you tell the install pad on your win10 ( rightclick on the radiosure icon on your desktop or where you start the program ( not the app, radiosure is not an app)
- the location of your saved records ?, and how many free space you have there ?
.... ( those questions/ answers also prove, you're a real Radio Sure -user, cause I doubt that)...

Flashing the record button is NOT normal..(in fact NOT POSSIBLE!!)., even the taskbar icon of the radio has a steady red light while recording, and also on minimise while recording. On running out of space, I did not encountered that myself, the recording just has to stop, and not try to go on (your flash on/out)
Except for the lack of space, I see no possible reason for not recording, Maybe the windows interferes with the program for some reason.
I always advise to install in a non-protected folder, outside of the windows system, and install as portable, meaning all files of the program are in the same folder, and not write-protected
(

the doo wop guy 1948

Re: red recording button

Post by the doo wop guy 1948 » 06 Sep 2021, 21:05

thank you for responding Fonzy, since talking I,ve reinstalled win 10, I am a free user, the version of Radio sure is the latest, it is installed as a Portable in a non-protected folder, the location of saved records is an external hard drive of 4TBs with 2.43TBs free. I do not understand the ' install pad on win 10', and no disrespect but before my record light/icon was flashing competely on an off. that did not happen this past sunday 9/5/21 again THANK YOU for the response AJQ