Radio? Sure!

The Best Internet Radio Player Ever! ;)

Album Art Download No Longer Working

Please discuss here all the defects you've found in the RadioSure.

Album Art Download No Longer Working

Postby Hound » 21 Jul 2015, 03:28

Hi, it seems the album art downloading while songs being played is no longer downloading or displaying. Not sure why. Something wrong? :(
Hound

Re: Album Art Download No Longer Working

Postby Fonzy » 21 Jul 2015, 10:55

did you check the option "options/advanced/ show pictures related to songs" (on top of list)?
Fonzy

Postby SickBoy » 22 Jul 2015, 18:08

Hound wrote:Hi, it seems the album art downloading while songs being played is no longer downloading or displaying. Not sure why. Something wrong? :(

Me too, i'm here for that reason... no album cover from 2/3 days. Why? Maybe some windows update patch have changed something? :(
SickBoy

Postby Fonzy » 23 Jul 2015, 00:05

Because i think , the pictues are sent by the station (and not searched on the web by RadioSure), I made following test:
Play stations in ILR (picture always on, empty if none sent, picture= real if song ,and sent by station
Same station tuned by RadioSure: option show pictures related to songs=ON
No pictures
Because position of picture = ??(unknown) , is there where you last positionned it !, and could be off screen position, I enlarged my dektop reolution (1040x750 to 2048x1024) and see if somewhere the picture is placed:
result= No pictures
Now I can compare the last versions of RadioSure (since I have 2 numbers of releases: 2.2.1042 and 2.2.1039
(seemed both the same but did not test the picture show)

I let you know , if it has to do with the version (current I run the 1042 version and OS=XP-sp3)
If others run version1039 they can compare immediately , please reply if so (working)
Fonzy

Postby Hound » 23 Jul 2015, 06:07

The settings seem all correct. The art is not off the desktop. As another user has the same issue it must be the lookup service. RadioSure looks up album art regardless if the station is sending it. You can test this by running your own shoutcast stream, which I did.
Hound

Postby Hound » 31 Jul 2015, 08:28

Still not working. Does the developer not bother to check anymore?
Hound

Postby Lapsang » 12 Aug 2015, 19:29

When I wanted to ask attention for this problem I discovered here that I am not the only "victim".

Any solutions coming up?
Lapsang

Location: South East of the Netherlands, in between Belgium and Germany

Postby Fonzy » 13 Aug 2015, 23:23

to Hound & Lapsang:

The developper ...., did not hear or sign from Him (Her?), since years....
Maybe the administrator can tell you / us , wether there is still a developper at RS site ....
Fonzy

Postby mulkurul » 18 Aug 2015, 02:20

I think this project has been abandoned long time ago. Pity! :cry:
The broadcasting list doesn't autoupdate anymore, I have to manually add the new radios.
mulkurul

Postby Fonzy » 18 Aug 2015, 03:28

Auto-update of the list still happens (Pro-user, daily or every 2 days mostly)
If not, visit radioSure website stations an download the latest zip file
http://www.radiosure.com/rsdbms/stations2.zip?updated=August%2017,%202015 (today's list)
or website http://www.radiosure.com/stations/, below the stations list, you find the link, and yes , the downloaded file = stations2.zip
Just unpack in the radio-sure\stations folder, and you've got the latest updated list , in case you won't wait for the updates.
If the stationslist does not update at your site (Pro=every day, Free-user= weekly ), maybe you could re-install the software (first copy the file "~temp.sys" (Hidden file, set explorer options to see hidden files)in your master folder of radio-sure to a safe place (this is the licensing file), and uninstall the radio, then after re-install, you copy this filke back to the radio-sure folder, and are PRO again.
Maybe some Registry-keys are deleted by other software, so the updating does not work anymore , and by a new install it could be fixed!
Success

---------------------------------
Meanwhile, we know that the album artwork, does not work , because of Google API is no longer available, and necessary for the seeking and download of the pictures.....
Fonzy

Next

Return to Have you found a defect in RadioSure?