Freezing computer

Please discuss here all the defects you've found in the RadioSure.
Lapsang
Location: South East of the Netherlands, in between Belgium and Germany

Freezing computer

Post by Lapsang » 19 Oct 2015, 19:01

Today I had very strange experiences with RadioSure.

This morning I wanted to choose a radio-station from the favourites list. Computer totally frozen. Only possibility: forced close down.

Later I tried to open RadioSure again, but not through the favourites list. Computer totally frozen. Only possibility: forced close down.

After all this I decided to remove the program in order to try a reinstall. As soon as I touched RadioSure in the list of programs: Computer totally frozen. Only possibility: forced close down.

In the end I removed the complete RadioSure folder in the AppData/Local. So now I live without RadioSure.

What is this?

Fonzy

Re: Freezing computer

Post by Fonzy » 20 Oct 2015, 13:49

whatever did cause the freeze, it is not the radio software it self, but something in your computer ( a missing or corrupt link in the registry), so you did the right thing, remove the folder and now you can surely reinstall radio sure.
It is the first time I hear from such problem, but it could happen with any programm (as far as I can imagine the problem)
Maybe you could install as a stand-alone software. I did install "for all users", meaning the programm is installed in c:\program files\radiosure, but even then ,a part of the install is in the "c:\documents and settings\local settings\applicationdata\radiosure", where the file radiosure.xml is stored. If that file gets corrupt, then there are problems (mostly no skin...). The file is recreated if not exist, so you can remove the file and later pick a skin again :-)

Lapsang

Post by Lapsang » 30 Dec 2015, 20:00

When I tried to re-install Radio?Sure! two months later, my computer got frozen immediately again as soon as I touched the set up-file. I posted the problem on a computer forum, but nobody knows the cause or the solution. No Radio?Sure! possible for me any more.

Fonzy

Post by Fonzy » 31 Dec 2015, 00:43

Do download the last version 2.2.1044 (from the radiosure/stations website -downloads), and do it NOT by the CNET link ! that link is NOT the radiosure installer, but a downloader of Cnet !(and offers an old version)
Freezing your computer, means something is taken action when you touch setup file..., that is not normal , unless the file is marked as virus or as forbidden file

your first issue: selecting a favorite...: That favorite selection happens with opening the "radiosure.xml" file (situated in c:\documents and settings\[username]\local files\applications\radiosure )
That is why iI tought about a possible "corrupted "xml file, but when the file is corrupt, normaly you get no skin, (blank windows-like screen for the radio, and all settings are gone) but radio plays (selected station in list) and you can go to options , and set things back (repairing the xml file )
So , my advice: download from the link , telling version 1044 (slow it says..., not true), and try installing that version. Save first your ~temp.sys file (attention: is Hidden file, so first set to view hidden files in explorer!)in the old radiosure map (is your license file for PRO user), is you got one :-), then uninstall the existing version, and advice nr2: install as "portable", so all files are now in one folder, and not in c:\documents and settings....., (your personal folder)
Try to examine logs and quarantine folders of virusscanners, firewall or webprotectors (if there are some ) to find radiosure in it ...., or blocking -lists of the same named programs, so you caan remove radiosure from it.
success

Media Lemon

Post by Media Lemon » 31 Dec 2015, 15:58

Happy New Year :mrgreen: :D
Administrative Manager @ VIP Network

Lapsang

Post by Lapsang » 10 Jan 2016, 20:07

The version I downloaded was not the CNET one, because my anti-virus protested. I chose for "Local Mirror (slow)". As soon as I clicked on the setup file the computer got frozen and the only thing that could be done is press the Off-button for a long time.