Radio? Sure!

The Best Internet Radio Player Ever! ;)

RadioSure stops responding or crashes on station update

Please discuss here all the defects you've found in the RadioSure.

RadioSure stops responding or crashes on station update

Postby jrivett » 02 Jan 2016, 14:32

I reported this previously on the Mantis bug tracking system here:
http://www.radiosure.com/mantis/view.php?id=378

I'm using Windows 8.1 and RadioSure 2.2.1044. The problem occurred with at least one previous version of RadioSure as well, but I don't remember it happening on Windows 7 or XP.

As long as I'm using the computer, station updates seem to occur normally.

However, if I'm not at my computer for more than five minutes, the display locks and the screensaver kicks in. If a RadioSure station update occurs while the display is locked, there's a chance that when I return to the computer, either the RadioSure window says 'Not responding', or RadioSure has caused an APP CRASH, which is caught by Windows. If the RadioSure window is not responding, I have to force it closed and restart RadioSure.

There's no way to force an update, so there's some luck involved in catching an update. I tried the Pro 48-hour trial registration key and the frequency of the problem increased.

Here are the details of a recent crash:

Source
RadioSure

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎1/‎1/‎2016 10:55 PM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Users\jrivettsp\AppData\Local\RadioSure\RadioSure.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: RadioSure.exe
Application Version: 2.2.1044.0
Application Timestamp: 55f53aac
Fault Module Name: RadioSure.exe
Fault Module Version: 2.2.1044.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 55f53aac
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000492e9
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.103
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 5861
Additional Information 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
Additional Information 3: 1318
Additional Information 4: 13181ae637ac2592fac0ca2dd662cdcc

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 372b6a5b56d12b862c3cef21f86cf7cd (107599094544)
jrivett

Re: RadioSure stops responding or crashes on station update

Postby Fonzy » 03 Jan 2016, 02:25

suggestion:
Uninstall radiosure
install again as "portable", so all files of RadioSure are in 1 folder (you can choose that folder outside your personal settings)
-- Of course , during screensavers or sleep event of your computer, it is hard to say what is happening, anyway, but if the download starts of the new stationslist, it means your system is active, and so the download should succeed without any consequences (I cannot speak of windows 7 or higher, but in the "good old windowses" it works all fine)
You can always update your stations manually:
go to the radiosure website - stations
there you can download the last updated stationslist , in zip file.
Just unpack the zip file in your Radiosure/stations folder, and remove the oldest stations(date).rsd file (there should only be 1 .rsd file in the stations folder)
Try this....
:-)
PS: Screensavers are meanth to "save the screen-tube" on older displays using tv-picture-tubes, and prevent the phosphor of the tube to wear on the light surfaces more than the dark ones, .
On modern display's , using lcd tecnology, "burning in" of a screen is almost impossible, as the active elements are only filters to color the background-light
On the start-icon of radiosure -properties(rightclick), you can ask the program to be executed as compatible with older windows version ... try win2000 or XP (Do not know if win8 has still that option ..)
Fonzy

Re: RadioSure stops responding or crashes on station update

Postby jrivett » 13 Feb 2016, 17:12

Thanks for the info. Sorry for the delay in replying.

I previously changed Radiosure to a portable installation and it made no difference.

I could update the stations manually, but there's no way to disable Radiosure's automatic updates, so this won't help avoid the crashes.

I understand that 'screensavers' no longer provide any benefit in terms of monitor protection, but in this case the 'screensaver' does provide useful functionality. So I'd rather not stop using it. Also, of course, it acts as a lock screen, which is an absolute requirement in my case. However, I will try to go without it for a while as a test.

I've changed Radiosure to run in Windows XP compatibility mode. I will post my results here.
jrivett

Return to Have you found a defect in RadioSure?