Radio? Sure!

The Best Internet Radio Player Ever! ;)

Recording from some radios not working

Please discuss here all the defects you've found in the RadioSure.

Recording from some radios not working

Postby ghostmola » 03 Feb 2016, 17:14

Hi all,
I'm trying to record from Cienradios - Electronic Tango. In the folder I find a lot of .MP3 and .AAC files but the MP3 are all broken, size from 90 to 100 kB, with proper tags but without any sound.
Any idea? Thanks.
ghostmola

Re: Recording from some radios not working

Postby Fonzy » 03 Feb 2016, 23:16

Did record a while....
You are right, the streams seems to be aac, but there is a lot of mp3 generated, just as if the station sends at random "end of songs" with the stream (mp3 is default for those chuncks)
I try other stations from Cienradio....., maybe there are others to with this behaviour..??
Maybe the option for saving each song separate can help (continuous recording ?) try that too...
(edit: also other stations do the same ! - same station with different radioplayer = OK !, search for a reason...)
Fonzy

Postby Fonzy » 04 Feb 2016, 00:01

Found the problem...!
----------------------------------
The "record directly in aac and mp3" may be ON
Just change the bitrate from AUTO to any value (e.g. 128 for MP3, or 64 for aac), and the recordings will be fine
It seems as the radio does not get the right bitrate on position "AUTO" from the stream.
Maybe this bug came in last version (I test older version with the pictures bug)
--------------------------------------------------------------
I temporary installed version 1042:
This version records also on bitrate=AUTO without problems, so the bug occured in the update to version 1045
--------------------------------------------------------------
tested newest version 1046 : bug present - also set bitrate to 128(Mp3) or 64 (aac) !(auto=no recordings or chuncks of crap mp3 but unworking)
Fonzy

Postby ghostmola » 05 Feb 2016, 14:23

Thanks! Now it works!
ghostmola

Return to Have you found a defect in RadioSure?