Radio? Sure!

The Best Internet Radio Player Ever! ;)

Radiosure detected as malware

Please discuss here all the defects you've found in the RadioSure.

Radiosure detected as malware

Postby jrivett » 13 Feb 2016, 17:23

VirusTotal is reporting Radiosure.exe as possible malware. Specifically, the BKAV anti-malware software is detecting HW32.Packed.B8D2 in RadioSure version 2.2.1044.0. See https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/57cd ... /analysis/

The Jotti malware scanner also reports Radiosure 2.2.1044.0 as possible malware ( PUA.Win32.Packer.EnigmaProtector-3). See https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-US/files ... clsb19w75k

I'm sure these are false positives, but I thought you should know.
jrivett

Re: Radiosure detected as malware

Postby Fonzy » 13 Feb 2016, 19:51

In fact (beside it is false positive (my virusscanner does not say anything !)), you are talking about 2 old versions of radio sure: the current is 1046(support for m3u8), the previous was 1045(pictures fixed).
So , if you want to listen to all stations of RS list, you better install 1046 (there is still a bug: in record options/bitrate, choose anything but NOT "auto", example for mp3 recordings , choose 128, or aac recording choose 64 Kb/s
Fonzy

Postby jrivett » 13 Feb 2016, 20:28

Okay, I updated Radiosure to 1046 and resubmitted it to Virustotal. It still shows the same detections. I'm sure it's a false positive, bout you should really look into it. Think about it: anyone who uses the BKAV or ClamAV anti-malware software will see Radiosure as a virus. Either it will be removed from their computer automatically, or they will remove it themselves. I'm sure that's not what you want. Unless there really is malware in Radiosure, and you put it there on purpose.
jrivett

Postby Fonzy » 13 Feb 2016, 20:50

I see now, you are also the reporter of "system crashes on updating or installing radiosure"
Sorry to say, but I think it is time to look for an other virus and /or malware scanner, as all other users have no problems with the software, nor the installations, nor the updates. I must say also; it took me years to find reliable virusdetecting software, and now I use for more than 15 years the same, and never it has failed or give me false alarms (you call it false positives, while a positive means "it is present") We do not open a discussion about virusscanners... You have one or not, and have to live with the pro's and the contra's of the choosen one.., that is my personal opinion (and I am no member of RadioSure, just a user with some privileges here to watch the forum for mal-users. That is why I am so often present on the forum)
Fonzy

Postby jrivett » 13 Feb 2016, 21:13

If you don't represent Radiosure, why are you responding to user reports? Especially if you don't have any idea what you're talking about? My anti-malware software is not detecting Radiosure as malware. Virustotal is.

Please go to https://www.virustotal.com/, submit your version of Radiosure, and you'll see what I mean. Virustotal checks files and URLs using numerous anti-malware programs. It's widely recognized among industry professionals as a reliable resource.

'False positive' is an industry standard term that refers to an erroneous positive result. If you don't understand these things, you should not be talking about them here. Now, is there someone knowledgeable on this forum - preferably one of the developers - that can respond to this report?
jrivett

Postby admin » 16 Feb 2016, 11:34

RadioSure is protected software with some sophisticated encryption techniques which sometimes false recognized as virus.
admin
Site Admin

Postby jrivett » 16 Feb 2016, 19:11

Interesting. If I was Radiosure's developer, I would work with the people who provided the encryption technology to determine exactly what is causing the false positive and ask them to find a solution. If any software using that technology is going to be detected as malware, it's probably not a good idea to keep using it. I would also work with the people who develop ClamAV and BKAV, to determine whether those programs can be modified to avoid these false positives. Otherwise, there will be increasing doubt as to the legitimacy of Radiosure.
jrivett

Postby jrivett » 06 Mar 2016, 02:26

That just means your malware scanner doesn't detect it as malware. ClamAV and BKAV, which are two of the malware scanners used by VirusTotal, detect some versions of Radiosure as malware. If you were to download and install ClamAV and scan Radiosure, it might detect it as malware. Or you can test Radiosure against a bunch of different anti-malware programs at the same time with VirusTotal.

I'm not sure what you mean about Telenet.
jrivett

Postby Fonzy » 03 May 2016, 20:28

add to exclusions.

The Radio sure program is detected "false-positive" by some virus/malware scanners (2 of 50 ) and in my opinion due to lack of search for "what the malware string " does in fact. Virus /malware scanners have , after finding some parallel with known strings in virusses (= first test), to check the behaviour of the supposed virus/malware string. In Radio sure the found strings only have to do with the decoding of the registration string and comparing internal, and further setting free some extra features inside the program itself. The code does not try to change other programs or other code on your computer. A good virus scanner should test that and not alarm you !.....
If you have such a virus/malware scanner, you can add the propgram it concernes to the exclusion list, so next scan it knows that the program is approved by you to be not dangerous
Fonzy

Postby Media Lemon » 03 May 2016, 20:55

I bought Radio Sure Pro Official from USA in 2013 with Product key. I never get Virus from Radio Sure on my System.
I know that if Somebody use crack and try patch will get malware from windows defender.

The things you can try to avoid it

open your windows defender by typing defender in search at start menu icon

open windows defender . it will be orange or red color if malware was detected

there is written clean pc but DO NOT CLICK ON IT

see below written view details,

click on it and it opens ,select action you want to perform allow,etc

I clicked allow

Then click apply

It should do the trick and it turns windows defender now green.

Exit from defender

Admin true say that RS is already protected from viruses.
Administrative Manager @ VIP Network
Media Lemon

Return to Have you found a defect in RadioSure?