playing time synchronization

Please discuss here all the defects you've found in the RadioSure.
feeltch

playing time synchronization

Post by feeltch » 20 Sep 2014, 20:37

When actual song starts playing, the playing time is allready about 0:07s
because 0:00 starts little before previous song ends,
so when I record song there is 7s of the end of previous song recorded at the beginning.
And at the end there is 7s of the recorded song cut off.

I listen to Digitally Imported and it's annoying to have songs recorded that way.

I think that's sync problem, because when I listen to DI radio on their webpage, playing time is as it should be - song starts at 0:00.

Can sth be done to fix this?

Fonzy

Re: playing time synchronization

Post by Fonzy » 21 Sep 2014, 23:06

Radio Sure has not such option (time-shifting for begin and end recordings)
There is one player on the market that does: Inlight-radio (only pro-version has the option)

feeltch

Post by feeltch » 22 Sep 2014, 14:43

But I would only need that start of the song would be synchronised with the playing time. Start at 0:00, not at 0:07 or so.

Fonzy

Post by Fonzy » 22 Sep 2014, 21:01

the synchronise signal is sent from the station..., maybe by some "mode of working" from the decoders, the signal is mostly retarded and that can be vary from a few to many seconds, depending mostly on the station too.
There is no general cure for it, except thet some radios can be set to a timeshift in recordings.
Radio Sure CANNOT do this. see on the web for other radio's

Fonzy

Post by Fonzy » 17 Dec 2014, 02:22

The stream URL currently in the radio, is the only one indicated by several internet streaming providers:
http://teamrock.planetwideradio.com:800 ... ckhigh.m3u, and also the one you get , folowing the links from the website. On the website , no player is active (Javascrip links, but no sound)
If YOU can submit a real and good stream for that station..... (OK, do so !)

Fonzy

Post by Fonzy » 30 May 2015, 14:17

Syncing the Computer-clock i!s not a problem of RadioSure
For fixing that, you must refer to the manuals of your Ubuntu software ( has to copy the time from Windows7, or accessing the bios-clock)
Besides of the windows-time program (built-in), there exist several freeware programs to set your bios-clock and so the time for your system " about time " is one of them