Hi, skin 5, slight variation on skin 4, is available at
https://app.box.com/s/taki3uoqzln2963s3w0gntt8hrm1fxkn
fonzy5skin.png
fonzy5skin.png (38.99 KiB) Viewed 2615 times

Jazzfan

Re: Skin Fonzy5

Post by Jazzfan » 14 Mar 2019, 17:38

Nice! Keep it up!

I must be stubborn because I still use the same Sapphire(red) skin since I first used Radiosure.. :)

Fonzy

Post by Fonzy » 14 Mar 2019, 18:16

You can always moderate/change existing skins, by ( on a copy ,to keep the original intact).
Keeping the existing knobs etc, but you can change mesurements and colors, and start even with a brandnew picture for the body (or change an existing one in a program like psp (paint shop pro, I use myself, a very old program from the DOS-period even !!), or any program for graphics.
The position of the elements you can determine in the files not extended with png, one for the expanded view, the other for the compacted view. You can always try things out on a copy (rename as you like), and if things go wrong, select back a working skin.
The configuration files in each skin are kind of xml file..., you can only use the parameters also used I.side the radiosure software. Normaly the skins have all parameters in them, but can be set to invisible if not needed (eg in the compact view)

Jazzfan

Post by Jazzfan » 04 Jun 2019, 21:42

Do you have an example of all parameters and what they control? I've found need of a custom skin, and in altering dimensions and positions of the standard skin, I am stuck trying to find some in the XML code (unable to change certain things)

Fonzy

Post by Fonzy » 04 Jun 2019, 23:37

I do not have such...., I myself use a skin, and look at others to find which parameters exist.
Also tried for myself if other parameters would work, but if they are not defined in the programm itself, there is no way the programm reacts on own parameters except for ignoring them, or going nuts (then you see only a windows-window without anything from your skin.
For that, always keep the skin you are starting from, and save your changes in a renamed version ( means, first copy the whole skin to a new name, and edit the files therein.
Above the skin parameters there exist also those for the " command-line " usage of the programm.
You find them on an options page in the radio.
:-)
The position of the RS image on your display is defined in the radiosure.xml file indeed, while the size, roundings, colors, cell properties etc are defined in the 2 files where the radio depends on, the maximized an the other file the minimized( altough you could duplicate the maximized , and so cannot change rhe skin in size. Hiding the knob to do so is no option, since double clicks on the body has the same options.

Jazzfan

Post by Jazzfan » 18 Jun 2019, 01:18

I decided to try trial and error. Hardest time trying to figure out if something should be -1, 0, or 1 for its setting (its not always understandable. Learning XML will help. I spent a lot of time nudging the locations of items to look correctly. And whether I really needed a feature for my intended use.

I have found if a necessary parameter is missing (I hid the line with a comment) the app adds it back to the code :)
I was able to achieve a basic skin by modifying standard.rsn but have yet to use it while streaming so it is not finished. (Some parameters really need active internet to appear correctly) I will certainly share it when its complete.