How to create the zipped skin folder.

All questions about using skins for RadioSure
Jazzfan

How to create the zipped skin folder.

Post by Jazzfan » 23 Mar 2021, 01:39

Forgive my old age, I had made my own skin once and actually created the proper zipped folder to use in RadioSure. But that was eons ago, and I seem to be having an awful time creating one now. Can someone list the steps to doing this so the program will accept it? Thank you.

Fonzy

Re: How to create the zipped skin folder.

Post by Fonzy » 23 Mar 2021, 02:28

I assume you have all files already in a folder " (name).rsn "
then rightclick on the folder and choose "add to archive" if you use rar, then you can change in first rar-screen to pack as rar file or as zip file, choose zip, and let the program do his job
If you do not have the right-click option for archiving, then you must start winzip or winrar or winzip or 7-zip manually, and there search for the folder to pack, also then choose the zip as format, since I do not know if RadioSure recognizes zip only or also rar archives, . You can drop the zip file in the section of options-skins below in the space where you are invited to drop zip

Jazzfan

Post by Jazzfan » 23 Mar 2021, 20:26

Thank you sir. I see the .rsn in the folder name and my mind forgets that is not the file extension. Perhaps if I change my settings to show all file types instead of hiding known types. :roll:

Fonzy

Post by Fonzy » 23 Mar 2021, 22:13

Hiding extensions is a stupid thing... Excuse me, it is not the user that is stupid, but Microsoft that sets hiding as default.
If you see no extension, you even do not know , if you are handling an exe file or a shortcut (o yes that word adds M$ to names in links,but not in explorer directories or folders,) or you see not the difference between the exe and a config for the same program , etc.or you don not see if an archive is a zip, rar or 7zip file, therefore it is nearly criminal to hide extensions (personal opinion)
In our case, the rsn is not a real extension, but an artificial one, as you can create your own extensions... but is used for radiosure to handle the folder as a "skin assembly"
Enough about theory. I'm glad you can zip now your skin :-)