Radio? Sure!

The Best Internet Radio Player Ever! ;)

RadioSure Database

RadioSure Database

Postby Tammo » 26 Sep 2017, 22:51

Hi, I am currently programming an app which is first of all only for personal purpose(not published) und I am using the provided download for a database. I wrote twice to support@radiosure.com without getting an answer. Therefore I am now trying it here: My Question is are there any limitations by licenses or something like that and is it allowed to use this database for an app if I would decide to publish it one day?

Thanks for hopefully upcoming replies!

Tammo
Tammo

Re: RadioSure Database

Postby Tammo » 26 Sep 2017, 23:29

As addition: in the email i also described how i create the database and that i have encountered some redundant urls
Tammo

Postby Fonzy » 27 Sep 2017, 00:11

You can try
thebestware@gmail.com
to send a message.
Or use the PM function for accounts, and adress it to admin
(chances ale low you get anny reponse on it..., last time of visit from admin here is from march 2017 )
At thebestware adress I send messages to admin, when he / she does not respond on the Pm (Personal Mail) by the forum mail, so there is a chance you get answer there.
----------------------------------------------------------
To use the stationslist for private usage is not resticted (who knows what you are doing at home ???) but if you plan to use it in published app's, the the regulations on author and owner rights exist, and you can not use property of others to use for your app without explicit permission of the owner. (the Bestware Company)

In the database of radiosure, you encounter always rendundant and outdated URL's, that is live (stations change frequently from servers or system, and only volunteers do keep track of changes, or react on quesions of users about stations , suddenly not connecting anymore. Sometimes stations just stop.
If you plan to use the daily/weekly updated stationslist for commercial purposes, then it will not be welcomed by the volunteers in my opinion, because they work for free (not even a free-license !), and so do I for free moderate this forum, and delete all content that is not directly related to RadioSure or stations
Fonzy

Postby Tammo » 27 Sep 2017, 02:31

Thank you very much Fonzy for the quick reply!
I was just wondering that I havent found anywhere details about licensing but I will try the named email.
I could write a program for cleaning up the database by testing urls und deleting duplicates but it would end up taking a long time for processing, because of testing each url or if a playlist file is provided...and it would only run on android because I haven't found another possibility for testing if a url does stream music.
Regarding my app, it would also be free but I was thinking about an ad when starting the app... stil not sure if I want to do that because of tax laws here in Germany..
But in all cases I want to be secure on license side if I would publish my app.
Tammo

Return to Any other questions