Radio? Sure!

The Best Internet Radio Player Ever! ;)

mp3.xxxxx

mp3.xxxxx

Postby annode1 » 15 Nov 2015, 04:16

Two files were created after a 3hr record...untitled.mp3 and untitled.mp3.xxxxx
The second file was the 1st 84 mins of the other 180 min file.
Anyone know what this is about?
annode1

Re: mp3.xxxxx

Postby Fonzy » 15 Nov 2015, 14:28

by my knowledge, Radio recordings have only MP3 as extensions, unless you specify "file=xx.xx"
Also some players can make files related to the original with weird extensions (how do you listen to the Mp3 files ?
If you rename the xxx file to "untitled2.mp3" , is it playable then ?, and is it really the first piece. Or is it not playable , and &a piece of not-properly closed Mp3 file ?
Have you specified, double records can be made ?
Fonzy

Postby Lapsang » 16 Nov 2015, 15:30

If you see more than one file the recording was probably interrupted. This happens (too) often.
Lapsang

Location: South East of the Netherlands, in between Belgium and Germany

Postby Fonzy » 16 Nov 2015, 17:22

More... if you see more then one file, that is the normal way (each song separated as a mp3 file...
Only , if the station sends not end-of-song signals, then all is recorded as one huge file, or if you did choose not to split records per track, then also you get one big file of course, but the size of files is limited by the operating system (and the Hard disk formatting-type) !, not by RadioSure
Fonzy

Postby Lapsang » 16 Nov 2015, 21:44

If you see more than one file the recording was probably interrupted. This happens (too) often.

I just speak out of experience. Maybe the internet stream is shortly interrupted.
Lapsang

Location: South East of the Netherlands, in between Belgium and Germany

Postby annode1 » 17 Nov 2015, 19:55

Lapsang wrote:If you see more than one file the recording was probably interrupted. This happens (too) often.

I just speak out of experience. Maybe the internet stream is shortly interrupted.

Thank you for responding Lapsang. Sorry I didn`t reply sooner, I didn`t receive the e-mail.
- I`ve recorded the show a 2nd time since then. This time, 2 files were produced: untitled(1).mp3 , untitled(2).mp3.
The short file was .38 secs long, (recorded from other then show start). The other was 3.31 hrs of a 5 hr show (The Radiosure had a shutdown failure for some reason.) As you say, I expect this was due to a stream interruption. Two live artists performed, one after the other this night. Feeds were surely interrupted.

As for the untitled.mp3.xxxxx, so far it only happened that one time. It was the 1st 84 mins of a 180 min show. Each of the 2 files produced were identical up to the 84 mins. Strange. I have Radiosure set for a single file. Plenty of HD space. Win7. On stable Wi-Fi.

Will test again this Sunday morning.
Thanks so much for your assistance. :D
annode1

Postby annode1 » 17 Nov 2015, 20:04

Fonzy wrote:by my knowledge, Radio recordings have only MP3 as extensions, unless you specify "file=xx.xx"
Also some players can make files related to the original with weird extensions (how do you listen to the Mp3 files ?
If you rename the xxx file to "untitled2.mp3" , is it playable then ?, and is it really the first piece. Or is it not playable , and &a piece of not-properly closed Mp3 file ?
Have you specified, double records can be made ?

Hello Fonzy, thanks for responding.
This station does not send title or end of file data with the stream. I also have Radiosure set to single file.
I removed the xxxxx to listen to the file.
More... if you see more then one file, that is the normal way (each song separated as a mp3 file...
Only , if the station sends not end-of-song signals, then all is recorded as one huge file, or if you did choose not to split records per track, then also you get one big file of course, but the size of files is limited by the operating system (and the Hard disk formatting-type) !, not by RadioSure

The other file was the full 180mins it was set to record.

Thanks very much for responding Fonzy. I`ll test again this Sunday morning.
annode1

Return to Any other questions