Radio? Sure!

The Best Internet Radio Player Ever! ;)

Favorites list disappeared

Favorites list disappeared

Postby Donald Snyder » 28 Dec 2015, 23:50

Not sure why, but my favorites list disappeared. Also, new additions to favorites cannot now be made. Also, the skin I have long used is no longer applied automatically when I open Radio Sure. I tried reinstalling Radio Sure with the latest version, but that did not solve the problems. Any suggestions?
Donald Snyder

Re: Favorites list disappeared

Postby Fonzy » 29 Dec 2015, 00:21

On what did you install the radio ?
It seems you loose the settings !, hard to believe, or did you install on a virtual drive (wich is cleaned up after closing )?
Suggest to install the radio as "portable" on your PC
1- First save the ~temp.sys file on a different location!,also save the stationsxxx.rsd from the stations folder , for on setup you get an older stationslist- do remove that old one and replace after installing by the saved one, you can also copy the radiosure.xml if it has some value (favorites), but follow your explanations, it is as good as empty...
2- uninstall the radio
3- Do install the Radio "as portable", in folder as you like ( can be the original old folder)
4 - choose a skin and do the settings
- copy the ~temp.sys file to the installation folder,(registration to PRO)
- copy the last stations-xxx.rsd file to the stations folder and remove the oldest one (from installation)
Now is everything in ONE folder, and chance to loose settings are much lower (=none :-) )
PS: The favorites are held in the radiosure.xml file . It has not a separate file like "mystations.rsd"
--------------------------------------------
Your problem was , most likely, due to loss or changes in the "radiosure.xml" file, that , in normal installation is located in c:\documents and settings\username\local settings \applications\radiosure\radiosure.xml
Fonzy

Postby Media Lemon » 29 Dec 2015, 01:39

Last edited by Media Lemon on 08 Mar 2016, 10:29, edited 1 time in total.
Administrative Manager @ VIP Network
Media Lemon

Postby Donald Snyder » 31 Dec 2015, 02:41

There is no ~temp.sys file in C:\Users\Donald L Snyder\AppData\Local\RadioSure. The radiosure.xml file has size 13kB, so there is some values in it, so I saved it. I also saved the file stations-2015-12-30.rsd from C:\Users\Donald L Snyder\AppData\Local\RadioSure\Stations. I will await you comment about the missing ~temp.sys file.
thanks for your help DS
Donald Snyder

Postby Fonzy » 31 Dec 2015, 02:49

The ~temp.sys file (size 1Kbytes)ONLY exists if you have a license, and is situated in the main-folder where the program is installed.NOTE. This file is a "Hidden file", so you have to set your options for windows to see hidden files !!!
Personally, I never install for current user only, but for all users, so the program is then installed in c:\program files\radiosure. Is then quicker to locate, but the xml file stays in the local user folder as you indicate. That is why I suggest to install as "Portable", and choose a folder You wish for the radio, then all files are together in one folder...
(meanwhile , I did install also as portable on my PC)
Fonzy

Postby Donald Snyder » 31 Dec 2015, 22:31

All is now good. I followed you recommendations: uninstalled Radiosure and then reinstalled current version as Portable in a file in my Documents folder. Thanks for your help.
Donald Snyder

Return to Any other questions