Radio? Sure!

The Best Internet Radio Player Ever! ;)

Cannot connect

Cannot connect

Postby philip41 » 22 Jun 2014, 02:57

I just recently downloaded RS and no stations connect.
Is it a problem with Mozilla Firefox, proxy settings ????

It worked in the past!!
philip41

Re: Cannot connect

Postby Fonzy » 24 Jun 2014, 00:56

Radio has nothing to do with firefox , nor IE ( does not need one of the functions of your browser)
IF you need a proxy fro Firefox(or IE) then also you need the same proxy for RS .
see your internet settings. (Mostly , no proxy is needed) Depends on your provider of course :-)

Do not forget: You have a firewall ? (zonealarm, or internal windows....) allow the radio, else it cannot connect to the internet (stations are internet servers)
Fonzy

Postby galleherjazz » 24 Aug 2014, 05:20

I am having the same difficulty. I have used RadioSure many times in the past, with great satisfaction. Now, no stations are connecting. What can I do to fix this?
galleherjazz

Postby dieting » 01 Jan 2015, 12:31

have used RadioSure many times in the past, with great satisfaction. Now, no stations are connecting. What can I do to fix this?
dieting

Postby Fonzy » 02 Jan 2015, 03:09

Check your firewall, or internet connection in general. Does your internet connection use a proxy (see in settings of your browser). Normally, Radio Sure uses the same settings as your browser.
Is th problem of no conncect with all stations, or just some stations ? (in last case , stations have to be updated, or removed if they changed to "flash-player-only" Do you have a recent list of stations in your RadioSure\stations folder ?
Fonzy

Re: Cannot connect - Regularly

Postby Garlic » 11 Jun 2015, 16:38

Hi.
I have similar problem.
RadioSure regularly stops and displays "Cannot connect" for all stations.
I have allowed all activities for RadioSure in Outpost Firewall.
Screamer Radio works fine during these "Outages" and direct link to radio stations also work fine.
Most frustrating.
Garlic

Postby Fonzy » 11 Jun 2015, 20:26

HI,
Radio Sure connects via the internet "DIRECTLY" to the servers from the radio-stations, so be sure the connections are alowed for "trusted zone" and for "internet zone", and uses the same proxy as your internet browser (if any needed for that).
furthermore, RadioSure has a long connection time attempt, before it gives up (and says no connection), so it has to be investigated why you have these interruptions...
It is known, some stations behave weird, so in some cases a station can be played with Winamp,VLC player , but not with RadioSure..., can have to do with cookies handling (?), but if it is a general behaviour, check firewall.
Fonzy

Postby Garlic » 12 Jun 2015, 14:06

Hi.
RadioSure stopped working 3 days ago.
No problems up to this.
Re-installed RadioSure first as normal, then as portable.
Neither will work on ANY station.

Screamer Radio 0.4.4 working fine using same radio IP addresses.
Garlic

Postby Fonzy » 12 Jun 2015, 17:15

Then it clearly must be something in your "outpost" firewall.
I suggest, you delete the Radiosure from the firewall, then it will alarm you, for a new attempt to connect to the internet, and you can allow it.
I do not know details of your "outpost firewall", so you must check for yourself where the radio is blocked (and remove the item in the firewall first, unless you can correct the rights for radiosure to go on the internet
( It is a general firewall behaviour, once an item is blocked, no alarms occur by further attempts of the program for connection, so you must manualy correct this, or remove the item)
Fonzy

Postby Garlic » 19 Jun 2015, 21:55

HI.
I appear to have solved the problem (Hopefully).
By process of elimination, I discovered my Windows 7 had an entry to use a proxy 127.0.0.1: 8888 which I deleted from LAN Settings in Internet Options from Control Panel.
I also deleted the Proxy entry from Registry.
All is working fine now.
Re-installed Agnitium Outpost Firewall Pro (I am using this since it's launch 15 years ago with no problems) and Avast AV.
Maybe other RadioSure users can check this (proxy 127.0.0.1: 8888) entry.

Many thanks,
Regards.
Garlic

Next

Return to Any other questions