Radio? Sure!

The Best Internet Radio Player Ever! ;)

Cannot connect

Re: Cannot connect

Postby annode1 » 07 Nov 2015, 01:54

For no reason I can see RadioSure will not connect today.
- Checked and turned off AVG Firewall, had no effect.
- No station connects.
- "Cannot Connect" shows almost immediately. Very little scan.
- Dloaded new version. Uninstalled old and installed new. No change.
- Replaced .RSD file in Stations folder with RSD from zip. No change.
- No proxy is set in LAN settings.
Running free version...is that the reason?
annode1

Postby Fonzy » 07 Nov 2015, 16:50

If you can connect with our Forum, then the internet connection works.
It must be a blocking from within your computer (some security program, maybe relaying the program to 127.0.0.1 internal link, etc)
To try this:
rename the radiosure.exe in the program-folder to radiosure1.exe( or any different name), so the name is different, and there is now surely the question , wether you allow the programm to connect
It it works like this, the search your firewall blacklist/settings/ or your internet protection settings/lists etc to find somewhere radiosure.exe is blacklisted
It can have to do with free vesion, only if you need to set a proxy in you connections (also for firefox), as I believe those settings are only available in the pro version ( I will not unregister my version for testing this :-) )
If Firefox needs no proxy, the Radiosure also needs not one, so I guess a "security matter"
(sometimes security progs do things we do not know, without asking or warning. Therefor a firewall , on MY PC only is a firewall, not a security agent for the internet or watching programs. For anti-virus the same: that program ONLY may look and warn for virus (potential), and do nothing without my explicit approval. Not watch programs or connections and blocking them without my permission. A lot of people install something that does it all, and automatic...... there the problems begin.......)
Fonzy

Postby annode1 » 17 Nov 2015, 20:33

Fonzy wrote:If you can connect with our Forum, then the internet connection works.
It must be a blocking from within your computer (some security program, maybe relaying the program to 127.0.0.1 internal link, etc)
To try this:
rename the radiosure.exe in the program-folder to radiosure1.exe( or any different name), so the name is different, and there is now surely the question , wether you allow the programm to connect
It it works like this, the search your firewall blacklist/settings/ or your internet protection settings/lists etc to find somewhere radiosure.exe is blacklisted
It can have to do with free vesion, only if you need to set a proxy in you connections (also for firefox), as I believe those settings are only available in the pro version ( I will not unregister my version for testing this :-) )
If Firefox needs no proxy, the Radiosure also needs not one, so I guess a "security matter"
(sometimes security progs do things we do not know, without asking or warning. Therefor a firewall , on MY PC only is a firewall, not a security agent for the internet or watching programs. For anti-virus the same: that program ONLY may look and warn for virus (potential), and do nothing without my explicit approval. Not watch programs or connections and blocking them without my permission. A lot of people install something that does it all, and automatic...... there the problems begin.......)

Thanks so much for your help Fonzy. For some reason I am not receiving reply e-mails..so sorry I didn`t know you replied.
This problem is not related to the Radiosure recording posts on my notebook pc. This is on my desktop pc.
Yes, something has changed. I reinstalled my AVG antivirus and yes, it is set to warn me. I have not yet tried it since AVG reinstall.
I will try renaming exe. Firefox i`m sure is not involved. Firewall can be turned off...no change. Will look at security once again. No proxy set anywhere.

Will look into this more deeply and report back.
Thank you again Fonzy. :D
annode1

Postby annode1 » 29 Nov 2015, 23:03

annode1 wrote:
Fonzy wrote:If you can connect with our Forum, then the internet connection works.
To try this:

Thanks so much for your help Fonzy. For some reason I am not receiving reply e-mails..so sorry I didn`t know you replied.
This problem is not related to the Radiosure recording posts on my notebook pc. This is on my desktop pc.
Yes, something has changed. I reinstalled my AVG antivirus and yes, it is set to warn me. I have not yet tried it since AVG reinstall.
I will try renaming exe. Firefox i`m sure is not involved. Firewall can be turned off...no change. Will look at security once again. No proxy set anywhere.

Will look into this more deeply and report back.
Thank you again Fonzy. :D

As it finally turned out, after re-installing AVG Internet Security and starting Radiosure, AVG asked permission to let it connect...finally!
annode1

Previous

Return to Any other questions