Radio? Sure!

The Best Internet Radio Player Ever! ;)

Time limit whilst recording??

Time limit whilst recording??

Postby Tenners » 26 Sep 2017, 01:50

Hi, I'm new to the forum so firstly.....Hello to everyone.

The software is very very good but, up until about 4 months ago you could record for an endless amount of time but can no longer do this??

First it started recording for exactly 01.59 then stops and restarts itself, Now it records for exactly 01.29 then stops and restarts itself?

Anyone know why this has started happening? (This is all via the unpaid for version)

If I pay for the full version will that then able the unlimited time duration recording?

Thank You.
Tenners

Re: Time limit whilst recording??

Postby Fonzy » 26 Sep 2017, 02:21

Hi,
You mention time for recording. Do you record by command line, or just kick the "record" button and let it go ??
There is no limit as far as I know, except for the space to record ..., if you have not enough space in the location you decided, then the recording stops. You say, recording for 1 hour and 59 minutes , then the recording restarts , am I right ?, and it is not by command line order !
Does this happens with just one station, or is it independent of the recorded station ?
The payed version only differs in the fact, you can whole songs even if you hit the record when the song is halfway (on condition, the station was tuned in before the start of that song !, the connecting buffer is used then to get the data back) and a few other things who are greyed-out on the free version (like grouping of the records, and filtering out advertisements)
Did you ever create a command-line record ? ( and if your radiosure software is in a "read only" folder, then the settings of radio sure (radiosure.xml) cannot be changed so you stick always back to that setting.
General advice:
do install as portable in a folder that is certainly NOT write protected, portable means , you can install on any folder , outside of the system environment, and all files needed for the radio are in ONE folder .
Check your problem again after doing this :-)
Fonzy

Postby Tenners » 27 Sep 2017, 18:47

Hi, Thanks for the reply......I've tried everything.....A different station (That split the recordings by songs even though I had unticked that selection box)
It's still only recording for a total time of 01.30 (1hr & 30 mins) Then it buffers out then restarts the process?
It never used to do this before, It used to just stay recording until I stopped it.

I've tried on different pc's, Different versions of windows (XP & 7) And I still have the same problem, I have no idea how to record via a command line.

I really like the service/ Software but cannot work out why this problem has occurred, I've tried to install as portable as well...Still no joy.

I really appreciate the help.

Thank You.
Tenners

Postby Fonzy » 27 Sep 2017, 20:15

I will try this out today on the free and the registered version, and let you know. Maybe there,is a,time limit on the free, but it is not documented as such.....
I do record now on FAT32 and on NTFS folders simultaneously by 2 instances of the radio (since FAT32 has a 4 GB size-limit) with free version first.
Are you sure your internetconnection could not cause an interrupt after 1:30hr ? (connection direct (utp wire) Wireless, via internal router,.... Just thinking on possible limiters :-) )
Fonzy

Postby Fonzy » 28 Sep 2017, 03:09

results of testing: (on Windows XP) FAT 32 = USB3 mass storage drive , permanent connected
Recording -free radio on FAT32 stops (radio closes) after about 1 Hr ( and does not restart )
recording - licensed on FAT32 stops (radio closes) after about 1 hr ( and does not restart)
NTFS is internal hard disk.
Recording - Free radio on NTFS continues (indefinite) , did stop radio myself after 5 Hrs

all reordings from same station, and different instances of radio, with same settings.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Do not know why, but seems to happen on FAT32 media (external drives, USB media.....) or FAT 32 disk in PC
The total amount of MB in the FAT32 drive was about 50 MB space, so the recording never reached the 4GB .
Fonzy

Postby Tenners » 01 Oct 2017, 22:19

So, Is there no way of correcting this problem??? I have no problem paying for the service (Which was excellent) But now it continues to restart after 1 hr 30 mins there's sadly not much point as I need it to record continuously until I stop it....I cannot understand why this service used to work fine up until about 4 months ago??

Thank You
Tenners

Postby Fonzy » 02 Oct 2017, 00:23

As I tested, recording times have nothing to do with licensed or free use.
I tested even older versions (1044, 1042, wher no m3u8 decoding is present)
------------------------------------
I assume you use the last version of RS (2.2.1046), and you record on NTFS medium (harddisk)
Wich bitrate did you set for the recordings ? ( should never be "automatic" = bug in last version 1046, but use any or set to 128)
- Did you check the option "allow direct stream recording (for MP3 and AAC)" ?
- Do you record to a network-path ? or on Hard disk/on USB device/ other ?...
- Did you check the option "avoid duplicate recordings " ... ?
- Did you check the option "mute when computer is locked" ?
- Did you "enable " the global hotkeys " ( key combinations..., some do start or stop recording, even if combinations are meanth for use in other programs that you use while recording ?but on free version you can enable them (as original) but not alter them, that is for the licensed version
- Split recording by tracks can be on or off, difference is only creating more mp3 songs or one large track with all recorded in the time of recording.
- And above all: is there enough free space to record on the location of recording ?
> If the radio itself cease to work (and restart), then I assume an other problem, because that can only happen by your windows or some "security" programs, monitoring the streams and programs or by a sheduling program that can start and stop programs ( OR do you mean by restarting, the recording starts again, while the radio was still ON ?)
-----------------------------------
Those parameters have to be checked. As you tell us, it has been working a few months ago, it has to be some setting that is altered since , or some program (security ?) you installed since.
Fonzy

Return to Any other questions