How to modify an exisent skin

Please discuss here all the defects you've found in the RadioSure.
Archimede

How to modify an exisent skin

Post by Archimede » 05 Feb 2021, 18:11

Hallo.
I would like to mody (only for small modifies) a skin.
Is it possible? How?
Thank you very much
Archimede

Fonzy

Re: How to modify an exisent skin

Post by Fonzy » 05 Feb 2021, 18:35

yes it is possible: you go to folder of the skins, open it and see different skins. click on a skin to open it (it is a map or folder) and see lots of pictures and 2 files , scrips in fact , that determine the skin. a skin.rsn and a skin2.rsn, the last one is the minimized skin, the first is the full skin with stationslist.
The files can be opened / edited with notepad or wordpad (flat text editor, if you use msword or other sophisticated editor, be sure to save file after edit as standard txt file, without attributes.
First study the files. each paragraph describes one of the features, formats, positions, colors fore and background etc
Do work on a copy of the files , or be sure and save the original somewhere.
If you make mistakes , against syntax, the script will not work and you get a "windows" type of skin.
after each change , you can test the result bu saving the file and opening radiosure with that skin selected.

Archimede

Post by Archimede » 05 Feb 2021, 18:55

Thanks.
But how I can modify the graphic position and dimensions?
How I can found the exact position to set every control?
For example, I need to set the volume cursor much long and position it in a side no over any other control: how I can make it?
Thank you very much
Archimede

Fonzy

Post by Fonzy » 05 Feb 2021, 20:01

all those parameters are in the skin file !, read the file !!

Archimede

Post by Archimede » 05 Feb 2021, 20:13

yes it is right... But how I can know the new right paramenters to set new position and dimension of the volume control?
I am a software developer, but I no know .xml

Fonzy

Post by Fonzy » 05 Feb 2021, 20:33

just try out and see, as we must do. I am not a xml programmer neither, but try some out...
If you are programmer, you should see similarities in defining parameters for items in programs ... The only dark thing is the colors settings, but study the standard skins and it reveils a lot
Or what are you expecting from us ? to give personal and deep detailed lessons on skins ?? ( is there one person who can around ??)

Archimede

Post by Archimede » 05 Feb 2021, 21:41

ok ok sorry...
I will try...
:-)

Archimede

Post by Archimede » 06 Feb 2021, 14:09

Hallo.
I am trying to modify a skin.
I am searching the skin base to edit it and modify, but I am no finding it.
I foung SkinPreview.png, but it seem no the real skin but only an "image" of the complete skin; What I must edit for modify the base skin?
Thank you very much

Fonzy

Post by Fonzy » 06 Feb 2021, 18:05

The file "skin.rsn" for the whole picture, and the "skin2.rsn" for the minor picture, without the stationlist.
Do make a copy of the originals !!
I hope you did not set "hide extensions of files" , otherwise you see no extension (as a programmer, you should always optout that in your windows system)

Archimede

Post by Archimede » 06 Feb 2021, 18:18

:-)
Yes, I no hide extensions file...
skin.rsn is ONLY the xml file: it define the position of all the graphic elements...
Before that I must modify some graphic element.
I found the right file: it is the bg1.png file that defines the whole graphic window over that are all graphic elements...
Now I must modify it, and for me that no have never made imeges is not very simple... :-(