Changing station names

pcc

Changing station names

Post by pcc » 19 May 2019, 15:42

I use Radiosure to record tracks from various internet stations, and I have an Excel-based system that processes the data automatically, so that only new and updated files are kept - any files that are recorded that currently are in the library are just deleted. Because it is computer-based, it's important that the stations' names are constant, but this is not always the case.
Examples:
"Radio Paradise" is now "Radio Paradise, CA"
"Soma FM - Lush" became "SomaFM Lush" at one point, but has reverted to being "Soma FM - Lush"

My system users folders based on the names of the stations, so if the name changes, the system can't find the folder.

Is this something that I am doing wrong, or is it something within the Radiosure app that has changed? (Or maybe the stations are doing thhis and Radiosure has no control over this..)

Any help or advice gratefully received.
Thanks
Peter C

Fonzy

Re: Changing station names

Post by Fonzy » 19 May 2019, 19:53

Hi,
Stations only change by users requests, or sometimes by the station owners request.
If the reason for the change is well funded, there is no reason for approvers to reject the request.
If a single user has problems with that, sorry.
I myself keep also a database of the stations, and use some modules to align the stations, because I keep also the websites ( for a limited number of countries), and the sync for them after updates need also a correct equality of the names. If changes are so that links get lost, I have to update them again manually.
The updating of the stationbase is not under my mod- supervisory, so I cannot promise you anything about this issue, and the stations site has no mod ( all supervisory, banning, giving approving rights, etc , only depends on the admin ( and it is very hard,to get connected with him/her))

pcc

Post by pcc » 25 May 2019, 18:10

Thanks for reply. It's not a big deal so if there's no easy fix, I can live with it. Cheers

Jazzfan

Post by Jazzfan » 26 May 2019, 16:26

if I understand this correctly.. the URL doesn't change? only the station name?

If that is the case and you are not prone to surf stations. and stay with just a few stations as i do, make your own station file with just those stations. so regardless of the name in station updates you wont be affected. unless the URL changes.

And be sure to disable automatic updates of the station file..

pcc

Post by pcc » 27 May 2019, 20:47

Great idea. Thanks for your suggestion.
Cheers