Radio? Sure!

The Best Internet Radio Player Ever! ;)

One station with constant buffering interruptions

Please discuss here all the defects you've found in the RadioSure.

One station with constant buffering interruptions

Postby Lapsang » 12 Apr 2018, 13:14

In my favourites list there is one station that constantly interrupts because of buffering. I wrote a message to the radio station concerned (Radio Ultimae) and they passed on the complaint to the server owners.

But now I discovered in VLC Media Player everything works 100% fine.

How come that one station in Radio?Sure! gives these problems? All the others are working properly.
Lapsang

Location: South East of the Netherlands, in between Belgium and Germany

Re: One station with constant buffering interruptions

Postby Fonzy » 12 Apr 2018, 22:36

could be the size of the buffer. In Radio Sure this is a fixed size ( in inLight Radio , there was a definable size, that is, for the pro users, but ILR does not exist anymore..., the player still works, and also as Pro version, and t it can still be installed, but licensing is not possible, so for new installers that option is excluded)
I cannot compare the buffers of VLC and RS players. Aside of the buffer-size, there could be a matter of connection speed , and indeed of server-load (how does server cope with a huge amount of logins
How did You get the stream anyway (since the website does not give any clou of broadcasting )
Maybe search for better streams could solve your problem ; Just tested here in Belgium , and stream stays on 100% over minutes... , no drops. Are You connected over a proxy ? (could You try an other proxy in that case ?)
Fonzy

Postby Lapsang » 12 Apr 2018, 23:34

Hello Mr. Fonzy,

This is the first time in my life I hear about inLight Radio. (I only own a computer since 2011).

If I remember well, I found the stream in the Shoutcast directory, although now it’s no longer there.

Recently I saw this same stream (at least this is what I thought) on OEM Radio. Until now I concluded this stream was the same as the earlier one I found, but I suddenly see interesting small differences to try out. I found them on this page.

I am connected through a cheap Tele2 internet connection (no proxy).

The interruptions are going on for more than 10 days at least.
Lapsang

Postby Fonzy » 13 Apr 2018, 01:26

Maybe your ISP is the cause...(working with small chunks of data, or... (can also be your windows settings for internet connection, the block size, max connections etc. There exist programs/tools to check and optimize your connection, i.e. "Auslogics boost speed 5"(the older versions work free)
I visited the page you mention:
Stream indicated (= also the stream of player there)
http://167.114.64.181:8458/;

other streams work ONLY if you change https to http !! (I corrected below)

http://rosetta.shoutca.st/tunein/ultimae.pls
http://rosetta.shoutca.st/tunein/ultimae.asx
http://rosetta.shoutca.st/tunein/ultimae.ram

All those streams work perfect in my radio and on my location:
Please try , if some connect better, and inform us, so we can adapt the stations-sheet with the better stream, or submit them all, in order of 1=best-:2=better-:3=good-:4=less good - , connection
Only You can tell us :-)
Fonzy

Postby Lapsang » 13 Apr 2018, 11:30

Hello Fonzy,

First I ran the TCP Optimizer (as an alternative to Boost Speed). Now I have 5 Radio Ultimae streams in Radio?Sure!. As soon as an interruption comes, I switch to the next one, to see which one lasts the longest.

By the way, today I experienced only one short interruption.

It could still be a server problem of the organization, because even in VLC Media Player there was a short interruption recently. And: more than 10 days ago, there was no problem at all.

It takes time to sort things out and I'll let you know later.
Lapsang

Postby Lapsang » 18 Apr 2018, 14:44

Hello Fonzy,

Testing the different streams did not bring any solution. In every stream there is still constant interruption, also in VLC Media Player. Not always, sometimes 15 minutes are OK.

I decided to forget about this station for some time. All the others work fine.

In the past I experienced the same phenomenon with another station, and two months later I discovered the problem had disappeared.
Lapsang

Postby Fonzy » 19 Apr 2018, 00:07

as I expected, most likely problem with server overload. The frequency of interrupts, can slightly depend on how big the blocks are , that your OS handles and/or the player can manage (differences between VLC / RS / Winamp/...)
I could experiment with inLightRadio buffer size and repeat connection times, but that is no solution for RadioSure players...
Fonzy

Postby Lapsang » 19 Apr 2018, 00:23

If the server has an overload the station must be very popular. (Or the server has small capacity....)
Lapsang

Return to Have you found a defect in RadioSure?