RS plugin for Kodi

Please post your suggestions here
eMzw7gJ2NjEdmoNkiR9B

RS plugin for Kodi

Post by eMzw7gJ2NjEdmoNkiR9B » 27 Oct 2019, 22:47

Kodi from Kodi.tv is a free media player and works on phones, TVs, and PCs. There is a free Tunin addon that is easy to use on phones. It doesn't seem hard for someone to write a RadioSure addon.

I've been using Kodi for about a month now. It is very friendly to use, but takes a bit of time to set it up initially. It is so flexible and there are so many options. In short, it will play anything the VLC plays and it has lots of free plugins like the Firefox browser.

I suggest people experiment with it and when you find a stream there that you like, please be sure we have it in Radio Sure as well.

Fonzy

Re: RS plugin for Kodi

Post by Fonzy » 28 Oct 2019, 23:55

Hi, I downloaded Kodi for 32 bit systems, and installed it.
After , normally the programm should run, but it didn't. Cause: when I inspect the kodi.exe, my windows tells me " not a valid win32 application", meaning it is a 64 bit version (=not the case) OR it is for a higher version tha windows XP / Vista ( Win7,8,10...)
On the download site, there is no warning about minimal windows version, only 32 bit or 64 bit, or IOS, or MAC

eMzw7gJ2NjEdmoNkiR9B

Post by eMzw7gJ2NjEdmoNkiR9B » 01 Nov 2019, 01:36

Thanks, Fonzy. I did a search and found this kodi wiki page for you:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Supported_hardware

It says the minimum Windows version is Vista and the recommended version is Windows 10.

Linux is free and you could set up a dual boot or run Linux or Windows 10 in a Virtual Machine and try that. You can also buy an old smartphone on ebay inexpensively and if you use it only on WIFI, you do not need a phone carrier.

Fonzy

Post by Fonzy » 01 Nov 2019, 02:20

"Linux is free and you could set up a dual boot or run Linux or Windows 10 in a Virtual Machine and try that."

Really ???, setup dual boot and install windows 10 ?, now I have windows XP, and all higher versions reject my hardware, cause not payd a big license to Microsoft to approve that hardware it . If I want to run windows 10, then I have to buy a whole new mainboard, and all cards approved by microsoft, since all hardware management has to be win10 drivers, while my programs want to drive hardware directly.5windows 10 is alsso 64 bit, so I have to buy all programs new,( IF THEY EVER EXIST in 64 bit versions !) At my age, i will not give that amount to a new computer, certainly not , because office under windows 10 lacks the MSaccess module, and that is right now my point... I have many databases setup with msaccess, and do not want to loose them.

eMzw7gJ2NjEdmoNkiR9B

Post by eMzw7gJ2NjEdmoNkiR9B » 01 Nov 2019, 05:59

I understand. You could do dual boot with Linux and Windows XP, but it would be important to know whether Linux supports your hardware. I think you can also set up a virtual machine in Windows XP to run Windows 10 - that gets very complicated and may be expensive. I would suggest a second device - cell phone, another PC to try more modern applications. You can otten find a Windows 10 PC for under $300 USD and it would probably be faster than the pre-Vista hardware that you have. eBay has some good deals on used PCs as people and businesses upgrade to the latest expensive models. Older cell phones are even less expensive... but of course, nothing is free unless Santa visits. ;)